Sentencia Corte IDH caso "Norin Catrimán y otros vs. Chile"
The Governments of Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Paraguay, Peru and Venezuela, members of the Lima Group, state that they:
1.Venezuela lives a humanitarian, political, economic and moral crisis generated by the illegitimate and dictatorial regime of Nicolás Maduro, which constitutes a threat to international peace and security with regional and global effects.
2. Urge the United Nations Secretary General, the General Assembly and the Security Council to take actions to avoid the progressive deterioration of peace and security, and provide urgent humanitarian assistance to the population and migrants from Venezuela.
3. Consider that the illegitimate regime of Nicolás Maduro has demonstrated not to have willingness for dialogue and, therefore, demand the immediate cease of the usurpation. This is an essential condition for the restoration of democracy and the constitutional order through the holding of free, fair and transparent elections, with international accompaniment and observation.
4. Renew their recognition and support to the National Assembly of Venezuela and Interim President Juan Guaidó and demand the absolute respect for his investiture and constitutional powers and that of all members of the National Assembly, and hold Nicolás Maduro personally responsible for the life, freedom and integrity of them and their families.
5.Condemn the systematic violation of human rights committed by the illegitimate regime of Nicolás Maduro and demand the immediate release of political prisoners and the cessation of practices of arbitrary detention, torture and violent action of paramilitary groups. For that purpose, call upon the Inter-American System of Human Rights of the United Nations to give priority to the situation in Venezuela.
6. Urge the Attorney of the International Criminal Court to go forward with the Preliminary Review being carried out by that organization to determine the alleged commission of crimes against humanity by the illegitimate regime of Maduro.
7. Urge the International Organizations to go forward in the recognition of the representatives designated by the National Assembly of Venezuela as the representatives of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela to such organizations. In that regard, welcome the decision of the Inter-American Development Bank and Resolution 1124 (2217/19) of the Permanent Council of the Organization of American States.
8. Urge the international community to favor the transition process and the restoration of democracy in Venezuela, especially Russia, China, Cuba and Turkey, for the adverse impact that their support to the illegitimate regime of Maduro causes to our region.
9. Invite the states that participate in the International Contact Group, regional partners such as Mexico, Uruguay and Bolivia, and other members of the international community to deepen the convergence process with the Lima Group to demand cease of the usurpation and the holding of free, fair and transparent elections with international accompaniment and observation.
10. Call upon the international community to continue adopting sanctions against the illegitimate regime of Maduro and, call upon to place at the exclusive disposal of Interim President Juan Guaidó the assets belonging to the Venezuelan people abroad, according to the legal system of each State.
11. Reject any threat or course of action that involves a military intervention in Venezuela and condemn the foreign intrusion in that country, and demand the immediate withdrawal of intelligence, security services and military forces that have been deployed in that country without the umbrella of the Venezuelan Constitution.
12. Reaffirm their support to a peaceful process of recovery of democracy and the rule of law in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela led by the Venezuelans themselves in the framework of the Constitution and International Law, and condemn the use of force by the illegitimate regime of Maduro.
13.Resolve to request the 49th General Assembly of the Organization of American States, to be held in Medellin, Colombia, to address, in a comprehensive way, the situation facing the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela and take the actions envisaged in the Inter-American system.
14. Acknowledge the concern and rejection of Colombia of the activities of transnational terrorist organizations such as the ELN from the Venezuelan Territory.
15. Agree to convene in Lima an International Conference for Democracy in Venezuela with the participation of all the States that support democratic recovery in Venezuela.
16. Underscore the fruitful participation of the Republic of Ecuador, as observer, in this meeting of the Lima Group.
17. Welcome the offer of the Republic of Guatemala to host the next meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Lima Group on a date to be agreed upon.