Sábado, 18 de septiembre de 2021 Canciller Allamand y Subsecretaria Valdivia participan en las actividades de celebración de Fiestas Patrias
With regard to the statements made by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs of France, dated November 6, 2018, regarding the case of Ricardo Palma Salamanca, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile wishes to clarify the following:
- The assassination of Senator Jaime Guzmán Errázuriz took place on April 1, 1991.
- After a due process and legal procedure carried out by the Chilean courts of justice in an independent manner, Mr. Ricardo Palma Salamanca was condemned for his participation as the perpetrator of the crime of a terrorist attack resulting in the death of Senator Jaime Guzmán Errazuriz. The sentence was handed down on January 27, 1994. Likewise, Mr. Palma Salamanca was convicted as co-perpetrator of the crime of unlawful terrorist association and terrorist kidnapping of Cristián Edwards del Río, which occurred on September 9, 1991.
- Both criminal acts perpetrated by Mr. Palma Salamanca and his subsequent trial and conviction took place after the restoration of democratic order in Chile, which occurred on March 11, 1990. These are therefore serious terrorist attacks carried out in times of democracy.
- Mr Palma Salamanca escaped from the prison where he was serving his sentence on December 30, 1996. Since then he was a fugitive of justice until February 16, 2018.
- The Government of Chile strongly affirms that in Chile there is, and there was at the time of the events described, a fully democratic regime and a fully effective rule of law.
- The Judicial Power of Chile requested the extradition of Mr. Palma Salamanca, transmitted to the French authorities on March 21, 2018, a process that will continue.
- Both France and Chile are fully committed to the fight against terrorism and to the enforcement of the law to put an end to such acts.
Viernes, 16 de septiembre de 2021 Subsecretaria Carolina Valdivia copreside II Reunión del Grupo de Trabajo Mixto Chile-Italia
Martes, 14 de septiembre de 2021 Subsecretaria Valdivia preside VII Ronda de Consultas Políticas entre Chile e India