What does this service provide?
To request a passport through the Consulate of Chile abroad.
Where is it provided?
At Consulates of Chile abroad.
Who may request this service?
Chilean citizens living abroad and requiring a passport.
- To prove Chilean nationality by producing a valid Identity Card; otherwise, both documents must be requested. In case of loss or misplacement, a police report from the local authority must be submitted.
- Minors under 18 must appear with both parents. If not, notarial authorization of both parents or of the absent parent must be submitted.
- If applicant is carrying no Chilean identification, a certificate of birth must be submitted.
- An applicant may not have outstanding cases with the Chilean Courts of Justice.
- During the processing of an application, submission of additional documents might be required.
- Approximate time: Consulates equipped with online capture station: Approximately 20 days.
- As for Consulates not equipped with capture station, requirements must be inquired with the proper Consulate, and requests take approximately two and a half months. Any additional delay will depend on the Chilean Civil Registration and Identification Service in Santiago. The cost of this formality must be inquired at the Consulate.
Service provided in person