Foreign Minister Heraldo Muñoz and President Michelle Bachelet are in Quito this week to participate in the 4th Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) summit.
Heads of state, foreign ministers and other lawmakers from the 33 member states will discuss the 2020 agenda, which includes five points:
- The reduction of extreme poverty and inequality
- The development of science, technology and innovation
- A strategy against climate change
- The establishment of infrastructure and connectivity
- Financing for development