You are in:  Home  > English > Procedures

Information and Services

Getting Identity Card
What does this service provide?

Chilean residents abroad may, through the consulates, request the issuance of identity card to the Civil Registration Service of Chile.

Where is it provided?

At Chilean Consulates abroad.

Who may request this service?

Nationals residing abroad.


Be a Chilean citizen. Police report if document was lost or stolen.


Identity Card issued by the Civil Registration Service of Chile.


During the processing of an application, submission of additional documents might be required. The cost of this formality must be inquired at the Consulate.

Service provided in person