Sentencia Corte IDH caso "Norin Catrimán y otros vs. Chile"
The objective of the General Secretariat for Foreign Policy is to carry out the study, coordination, execution and control of the diplomatic activities of political nature that Chile’s Embassies and Missions abroad must undertake, according to the relevant instructions.
1. As the entity responsible for the execution and coordination of Chile’s foreign policy, the General Secretariat receives the information conveyed by the Embassies and Missions abroad, and provides instructions to the Embassies and dependent Divisions, in coordination with the Minister and Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs.
2. The General Secretariat also administers the Program of International Meetings in Chile and oversees the indicators and commitments of its dependent Divisions. Furthermore, it coordinates the execution of the Program of Specific Activities Abroad (Programa de Actividades Específicas en el Exterior, PAEE), and the Strategic, and Political Outreach (Acercamientos Políticos y Estratégicos, APE) carried out by Chile’s Embassies
3. It is responsible for the coordination between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other Ministries and organisms of the State Administration on issues related to foreign policy in Chile, as well as the coordination of international inter-institutional agreements.
4. The Secretariat General is tasked with coordinating, reviewing and approving the reports and documents that serve as background information for the higher authorities of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
5. In performing its duties, the General Secretariat for Foreign Policy coordinates closely with the offices of the Minister, Vice Minister, and other General Divisions of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
THE FOLLOWING DIVISIONS REPORT DIRECTLY TO THE GENERAL SECRETARIAT FOR FOREIGN POLICY:
• Division of South America (DIRAMESUR).
• Division of North America, Central America and the Caribbean (DIRAMENORTE).
• Division of European Affairs (DIREUROPA).
• Division of Asia-Pacific (DIRAPAC).
• Division of the Middle East and Africa (DIREMOA).
• Division of Multilateral Policy (DIMULTI).
• Division of Multilateral Regional Integration (DIREM).
• Division of International and Human Security (DISIN).
• Division of the Environment and Oceanic Affairs (DIMA).
• Division of Antarctica (DIRANTARTICA).
• Division of Energy, Science, and Technology and Innovation (DECYTI).
• Division of Regional Coordination (DICORE).
• Division of Parliamentary Affairs (DIRAP).
SECRETARY GENERAL FOR FOREIGN POLICY (SEGEN)
Ambassador Raúl Fernández Daza
CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE SECRETARY GENERAL FOR FOREIGN POLICY
Counselor Mr. Ricardo Bosnic
Mr. Francisco Carvajal
Mr. Víctor Hugo Muñoz
Mr. Lucas Pavez
Mrs. Solange Santos
GENERAL SECRETARIAT FOR FOREIGN POLICY
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF CHILE
ADDRESS: TEATINOS 180, 14th FLOOR, SANTIAGO.
PHONE NUMBERS: +56 2 2827 4202 | +56 2 2827 4300.